The tradition of Stork Drives continues
In 1936 Dirk Joseph Stork started an agency business in electrical equipment. Only the best suppliers of its kind was to be represented.
Stork Drives of today carry on the tradition by representing the leading suppliers in the company’s activity – high precision systems of rotary and linear motion up to 1000 W output power.
Stork Drives continued to operate as an independent distributor after the acquisition by the Swiss manufacturer maxon motor 2004 with maxon motor as one of several suppliers that Stork Drives represent.
Key events in the history of Stork Drives
|1936||Dirk Joseph Stork opens agency activities with electrical equipment, primarily based on Dutch suppliers. During World War II the supply capacity is limited.|
|1948||Links with business start-ups in Germany and Switzerland are established at the Hannover Fair.|
|1964||Hans Stork continues operating the business after his father and develops the three product areas of automatic, drives and connection technology.|
|2002||The Division of Connectors is sold to LEMO SA in Switzerland.|
|2003||The Home Automation Division is sold to Stork AS in Norway.|
|2004||The company is aquired by the biggest supplier, maxon motor ag, with headquarters in Switzerland.|
|2010||Branch offices are opened in Greve, Denmark, and in Gran, Norway.|
|2013||Sister companies are opened in Denmark, Norway and Finland|