The tradition of Stork Drives continues
In 1936 Dirk Joseph Stork started an agency business in electrical equipment. Only the best suppliers of its kind was to be represented.
Stork Drives of today carry on the tradition by representing the leading suppliers in the company’s activity – high precision systems of rotary and linear motion up to 2000 W output power.
Stork Drives continued to operate as an independent distributor after the acquisition by the Swiss manufacturer maxon motor 2004 with maxon motor as one of several suppliers that Stork Drives represent.
Key events in the history of Stork Drives
1936 Dirk Joseph Stork opens agency activities with electrical equipment, primarily based on Dutch suppliers. During World War II the supply capacity is limited.
1948 Links with business start-ups in Germany and Switzerland are established at the Hannover Fair.
1964 Hans Stork continues operating the business after his father and develops the three product areas of automatic, drives and connection technology.
2002 The Division of Connectors is sold to LEMO SA in Switzerland.
2003 The Home Automation Division is sold to Stork AS in Norway.
2004 The company is aquired by the biggest supplier, maxon motor ag, with headquarters in Switzerland.
2010 Branch offices are opened in Greve, Denmark, and in Gran, Norway.
2013 Sister companies are opened in Denmark, Norway and Finland